I am a co-founder of Symonda B.V. , helping people to plan their financial future. We have just launched our first product – have a look at myDutchPension.nl to learn more. More exciting things to come soon…
In addition to my work at Symonda, I hold a position as Associate Professor of Finance at VU Amsterdam, teaching courses on algorithmic trading and financial data decision analysis. My academic research focuses on money markets, liquidity risk, bank funding, asset pricing, and financial econometrics. I have published papers in The Journal of Finance as well as The Review of Financial Studies.
When I’m not working, I’m a sports enthusiast and Ironman triathlon finisher. I have a weakness for good food and wine which I see as the ideal complement to my training. While travelling, I will always bring my running shoes to explore the area and “earn” a nice dinner in a local restaurant afterwards.
If you believe that I can be of help to you, if you have ideas for collaboration, or if you simply would like to chat about startups or research, please do not hesitate to get in touch via LinkedIn or Twitter. Of course, I am also always happy to hear your stories about your favorite marathons and triathlon races and share the best running and cycling routes.
School of Business and Economics
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands
- myDutchPension.nl – helping people understand their Dutch pension
- Symonda B.V. – website of my startup
- SSRN author page – download my papers
- Google scholar citations – see who is citating my research
- Webpage at VU Amsterdam – my official webpage at the university
- Webpage at Tinbergen Institute – my profile at Tinbergen Institute
- Orcid – persistent digital identifier for researchers
- Athlinks – my triathlon and running results